The top priority of today’s mothers is the skin care of their child especially during the hot summer months in which their tender skin is prone to rashes. Pampers help in keeping their delicate skin soft and rash free at any time of the year.
According to experts, the choice of nappy has a significant role in the maintenance of the delicacy of the skin of the child. This is one of the main reasons behind the development of the softest nappy by Pampers.
You will be amazed to know about the fact that Pampers is the only nappy which has several absorbent channels that help in the even distribution of the wetness. Another most important feature of Pampers is that it has a wetness indicator, the color change of which will alert you whenever the baby needs a change.
It helps in removing the hindrances while the baby is enjoying on its own. The two products which are generally used a lot by the mothers are Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Cruisers.
Here we are going to run through a comparison study between the two products and let you know how much effective both of these are. Let’s start with Pampers Swaddlers.
Pampers Swaddlers Disposable diapers are specially designed to help your baby move without any discomfort. The sides of it are soft and stretchy in nature which helps to provide flexibility to the baby.
Its wetness indicator helps in alerting you whenever your child needs a change as it might happen that your child shows no such reaction if the diaper is wet. The absorbent channels help in channelizing the wetness in an even manner and provide 12-hour protection.
Now, let us take a quick look at the various pros and cons of the product named Pampers Swaddlers by P&G.
Pros of Swaddlers
- It provides a comfortable fit for your baby and prevents any kind of leakage. Even if the baby moves here and there very often, one will never find any kind of leakage or blow out.
- Swaddlers contain AGM which is an absorbent in the form of a gel and utilized in the development of the diapers for better absorption. This absorbent helps in the quick absorption of the liquid thereby providing absolute dryness and comfort to the baby.
- The absorbent material is related to those ingredients which are utilized in cosmetics as well as in the food processing industry. Therefore it is not necessary to worry about the quality. This also helps to prevent the development of any kind of rash or blisters on the surface of the baby’s skin.
- The colour of the indicator changes from yellow to blue when it is wet, and the child requires a change. It helps in removing the hassle of checking every time a baby cries. Even if the baby does not show any kind of discomfort or uneasiness, such indicator will change its colour to indicate that a new diaper is required.
- The diapers have no smell while in use. A baby remains comfortable by wearing it for long hours.
- The holding capacity of the product is quite good in comparison to the others. Many a time a baby urinates too many times, and it is not possible for parents to change the diaper every single time. If the diaper gets filled, the color of the indicator changes and a new one is required.
Cons of Swaddlers
- Due to its fastening, a cut occurs on the thighs of the baby. The tightness of the elastic causes it, especially during the hot summer months.
- A white coloured powdery substance remains in the skin of the baby while you remove the diaper. Always clean the substance to avoid skin rashes.
- A smell of burning wire comes out whenever a baby pees on it. It might cause discomfort to the child. The baby might get irritated by the terrible smell of it. Pampers Swaddlers has this problem.
- Many diapers do not have the indicator on them. Even after mentioning at the back side of the pack, some diapers do not contain the indicator line. It is notified by many customers who use swaddlers for their babies.
- Leakage occurs when a baby moves too often. A baby crawls here and there, and if the diaper has loose-fitting, then, the materials present inside will leak. In this way, it causes a kind of irritation in the skin of the baby. It can be a hassle for the mother to clean those leakages whenever possible or seen with a soft wet wipe.
- Swaddler does not have the absorbent gauze layer due to which it sticks to the tender skin of a baby and causes irritation while changing. Whenever you are removing the diaper from the baby, it sticks to the tender skin of him or her. The pulling out of it causes a scrapping pain as well as discomfort which makes the baby cry. So, it is not at all a joyous experience to change the diaper of a baby.
Well, pros and cons of a product are nothing new but are inevitable. Every product has a mixture of good and bad reviews from the consumers. But, Pampers Swaddlers are used all over the world for their durability, flexibility and softness. It is completely safe for the little souls.
Pampers Cruisers are designed to make it completely sag-free so that it never bulges downwards. As the diaper is sag-free in nature, it lessens the discomfort of the child. If due to fullness, the nappy bulges downwards, the baby will not be able to move in a free manner.
There are several absorbent channels created to increase the soaking power of the diaper. Due to this feature of Cruiser, the number of times of altering the diaper is less. To some extent, this makes a mother free from changing the nappy at frequent intervals.
Another best feature of this product is that it provides flexibility to the leg cuffs of the baby thereby giving ample freedom to move here and there.
It also helps in preventing any kind of leakage. One diaper is enough for 12-hour protection to babies. Here we will again skim through some good things and a few negative things about cruisers.
Pros of Cruisers
- This product is best for those toddlers who remain busy all day long as it has a great soaking capacity. Several absorbent channels are present in order to distribute the wetness in an even manner
- One can easily change the diaper of the baby without any hassle. There is no fastening issue.
- Cruisers are non-irritant to the sensitive skin of the baby. Even if you forget to change it for some time, you will not find any rash on the surface of the skin of the baby.
- This product is an absolute fit for babies with any body weight. As it does not have any issue with the fittings aspect, so it does not leak from any side of it.
- It has no foul smell as because the child may get disturbed due to it. The child wears the diaper throughout the day and night, and a bad smell can worsen his or her mood.
- The price of the product is very reasonable. Any person can afford it. Even the middle-class people can easily buy this product without thinking twice about the cost.
- The diapers are soft in nature to give comfort to a baby for long hours. A baby feels extremely happy and comfortable after wearing this.
- It is best for overnight usage. Due to the excellent absorbent power, no leakage occurs if you do not change the diapers of your baby overnight. The product gives 12-hour protection which is an extended time span.
More: Humidifier VS Vaporizer
Cons of Cruisers
- If your baby’s skin is sensitive, then the product may give birth to allergic reactions like rashes which are red in colour. This can irritate the child, and cause discomfort at an extreme level. The child won’t be able to move around freely.
- The smell of the urine gets intense if there is no change in the diaper. A baby who is sensitive to such smell can feel uncomfortable.
- Some diapers in the pack are thin in structure as a result of which they do not have the capacity to hold a good amount of urine. It leaks often which causes discomfort to the child.
Till now you must have got a fair idea about both the products, and this might help you to be a more conscious buyer. Now our discussion will be concentrated on an important aspect that is the comparison of these two products.
Pampers Swaddlers vs. Cruisers
Presence of wetness indicator: Wetness indicator is a line which is present in the diapers to indicate an alteration in the diaper of the child. Pampers Swaddlers contains wetness indicator whereas Pampers Cruisers does not have any.
Absorbent channels: It help in distributing the wetness. Pampers Cruisers has few extra numbers of absorbent channels, unlike Pampers Swaddlers.
Lekage: Often Pampers Swaddlers leaks out materials present inside which leads to frequent alteration. On the other hand, Pampers Cruisers never takes out anything. Lekage issue is a prime factor in a diaper.
Soaking power: The soaking capability of Pampers Cruisers is more than that of Pampers Swaddlers. If the baby drinks more amount of liquid, then, there is a possibility of frequent alteration of the diaper.
Tight Grip: The elastic grip is tighter in Pampers Cruisers than that of Pampers Swaddlers. This grip helps in the prevention of leakage of the inside materials. It also helps the baby to move around freely without any kind of uneasy feeling.
Durability and Flexibility: Both are important when it comes to choosing a diaper. Pampers Swaddlers is durable but lacks in flexibility whereas Pampers Cruisers is known for its flexibility. Pampers Cruisers allow the baby to move freely anywhere.
Sagness: Pampers Cruisers never sags as the absorbent channels are more in it than Swaddlers.The absorbent channels channelize the wetness in an even manner so that even if the mother forgets to alter the diaper of the child, it will not bulge downwards.
Leg Cuff Flexibility: The elastic grip near the leg cuff of the diaper should be flexible as well as leakage proof. Pampers Cruisers provide enough flexibility as well as a good elastic grip near the leg cuff for the child to walk without any discomfort. On the other hand, Pampers Swaddlers provide a very tight elastic grip near the leg cuff which might cause some discomfort to the child. Red coloured circle like marks can be found on the leg cuff while a mother changes the diaper of a baby if she uses Pampers Swaddlers.
No irritability: It might happen that a mother forgets to alter the diaper of the child. If such a situation arises, rashes will not appear on the skin if the child uses Pampers Cruisers. On the other side, Pampers Swaddlers leaks out the materials present inside and causes skin irritation to the baby.
A market is a huge place where more than 100 types of diapers are available for a baby, but parents must choose the one which is the best. For any baby product, quality is the topmost priority, and one should never compromise on that.
All over the world the company’s manufacturing baby products which might be food or diapers always maintain the standard so that the health of the baby is never affected.
Pampers Swaddlers, as well as Pampers Cruisers, are the best products for baby care, but the use depends on the child’s comfort. Though there are differences in its features, but at the end people use both. The products have equal demand in the market.
The price of the both is even reasonable for any middle-class family to afford for their baby. Also, the rate of availability is high in both retail and online market.
As they say that there can be nothing more beautiful than a baby in this world, and for that little soul always avail the best product.